Grow the rich, healthy and eco-friendly garden that makes every neighbour jealous!
Buy Our VermicompostLet your garden benefit from our super-hero worms
- Vermicompost is what you call the castings that worms leave behind when they digest organic matter. It works absolute wonders as a natural fertilizer and is often used because of its growth stimulating and soil improving effects. It works a bit differently than the manure, compost and gardening soil you might already be using in your garden.
How To UseThere are many factors that determine how much vermicompost is the perfect amount. But here some easy to remember guidelines:
- We recommend going for a ratio of one part of vermicompost with 10 parts of soil
- With most plants a notable difference can be seen at a ratio of 1:20
- A ratio of up to 1:5 will show even better results, any more than that makes only a small difference
- Vermicompost will not burn your plants roots, so feel free to experiment around and make sure to share your findings with us! We will include them in our blog posts.
Top dressing your plants
As soil amendment
For your lawn
For pot plants
For germinating seeds
Use on transplants
A Few More Tips …Now you know exactly how to get the most out of your vermicompost! What you might also find interesting is that you can actually make a liquid fertilizer out of your vermicompost (for blog post click here). This makes applying the fertilizer much easier and will allow your plants to access the nutrients much faster as well! Also, if you want to take a totally new piece of land and turn it into a plant heaven – make sure you know exactly how to prepare your soil for gardening starting from scratch (for blog post click here). You definitely need some organic material in your ground so the vermicompost can work it’s magic.
Storage of VermicompostThe fresher the vermicompost the better; because that means the microorganisms are still very active, but if you do it correctly you can store vermicompost up to a year and use it throughout the gardening season. Store the Vermicompost in a dark, cool place. The darker the better…as with every type of compost the sunlight will destroy some valuable nutrients. If you have opened a bag already keep it from drying out so that the microorganisms stay active.
BenefitsWhy use Vermicompost over conventional compost, manure and chemical fertilizers? Here are some benefits associated with using our vermicompost
Perfect NPK Ratio
Reduce Food Waste
Supports Plant Growth
Unique Growth Stimulants
We have a number of retailers who help us sell our compost. You can easily find them depending on your location and connect with the one closer to you. We are currently stocked at Pupekewitz Megabuild, Ferreira's Garden Centre, Agra, Nature Bloom and Organic Box, in Windhoek.
We can also be found at Wild Flower Garden in Swakopmund, and Pupkewitz in Swakopmund, Walvis Bay and now Tsumeb too.
Interested in becoming a stockist? Contact us, we would love to have you on-board!
51 Lazarett Street Windhoek
Gruener Kranz Complex
Mandume Ndemufayo Ave,
PO Box 3162,
Bessemer Street, Windhoek
Wild Flower Garden Shop
59 Sam Nujoma Ave.
Tel: 064 403502